BMC’s Dentistry Program was established in 2007 and is fully committed to provide students with the best educational services both theoretical and clinical.
The study in dentistry program is seven years in total, designed as follows; one foundation year, five successive years and a final internship year.
The seven-year program breaks down to:
- A foundation year to path the way into medical education.
- Two years of medical and practical courses: Basic medical courses that lay the ground for a strong base in the practice of medicine as well as practical courses that enable the acquiring of several hand skills.
- One year of dental pre-clinical courses: A year of simulation training on dental simulators to start the practice of dentistry with ease and confidence.
- Two years of in-depth dental clinical courses: Two intensive years of clinical practice and daily patient treatment, ending with a final graduation project.
- One year internship: A final year of clinical rotations and field experience to develop dental practitioners who are able to utilize the basic principles of human biology and behavior in conjunction with their technical skills in diagnosing, treating and preventing oral diseases.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
This specialization means diagnosing and modifying jaw and dental abnormalities, as well as preventing malformations.
This specialization performs endodontic treatment of the dental nerve in addition to diagnosing and preventing dental nerve diseases.
A specialty that diagnoses and treats oral problems experienced by children up to fourteen years of age.
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
A specialty that studies all types of radiography, interpretation of radiographs, and data extraction that helps diagnose diseases.
This specialization deals with detecting, diagnosing and treating oral lesions and abnormalities and correlates them to any systemic condition like diabetes if any.
This specialization diagnoses and treats gum disease and bone surrounding the teeth in addition to prevention.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
A specialization that performs the diagnosis and surgical treatment of diseases and accidents involving the mouth, face and jaws.
A specialty that diagnoses and gives the treatment plan, oral rehabilitation, maintenance of the oral function, comfort and aesthetic appearance.
The specialization that deals with detecting and diagnosing dental caries and treating it by replacing it with the suitable dental material to restore integrity, function and esthetic of the teeth.