Dr. Hassan I. Sarsak (PhD, OT) received his Doctorate Degree in Rehabilitation Sciences with a Concentration in Occupational Therapy (OT) from the University of Pittsburgh, PA, United States in 2013. Dr. Sarsak has worked in the USA, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan for over 15 years in a variety of clinical, academic, and research institutions. Throughout his career, he has provided services for individuals from different populations with different diagnoses. In 2017, Dr. Sarsak developed the Wheelchair Training Program (WTP) for Rehabilitation and Occupational Therapy Students. In 2018, Dr. Sarsak received a Trainer Recognition Certificate from the International Society of Wheelchair Professionals (ISWP). In 2018, Dr. Sarsak also developed an OT Program and Curriculum at Batterjee Medical College in Saudi Arabia and is currently the Head of the Program. In 2020, Dr. Sarsak authored a Book entitled “Comprehensive Dictionary in Occupational Therapy” to be the first Arabic Dictionary in the OT profession worldwide.
1. Mental Health and Psychiatric Rehabilitation
2. Wheeled Mobility and Seating Interventions
3. Assistive Technology
4. Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities
5. Environmental Modifications and Workstation Ergonomics
6. Pediatric and School-based Rehabilitation.
7. Community-based Rehabilitation
8. Geriatric Rehabilitation
9. Curriculum Development
10. OT Profession Learning and Awareness Development.